RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
I, in consideration for, and as a condition of, my membership of the above school and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, acknowledge that I have read the documents entitled “Student Induction Information” and “Important Notice” which is attached to this Student Induction Form and agree to its contents.
Further, to the extent permitted by law, I, and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, release and indemnify and will release and keep indemnified the school, all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting the school, the servants, agents, representatives, officers, instructors and students of the school from all claims and liabilities of any nature (including any costs, whether or not the subject of a court order) howsoever arising (including by reason of negligence) resulting in any loss of life, injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever that I suffer, caused by, connected with or incidental to the entry into the school or participation in any activity carried on by the school.
Student Induction Information
The following has been developed by Forza Jiu Jitsu to ensure maximum enjoyment for all students and visitors.
Occupational Health & Safety Issues:
All students and visitors are required to cooperate with our occupational health and safety policy and programs to ensure their own health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace. All students and visitors must:
- Know who the coaches are, where the amenities are located, and where the exits are.
- Report any hazards immediately to the gym staff.
- Always wear personal protective equipment during classes.
- Report any injuries you sustain immediately to the coach.
- Follow the evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in keeping the facilities clean and tidy
- Listen and follow the coach’s instructions at all times during the class.
- Report any harassment to the coaches immediately.
- Not be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol while on the premises at Forza Jiu Jitsu.
- Ask the staff if they have any further questions.
Membership Conditions of Use:
- Unavailability of Facility or Services – I agree to accept the fact and not hold Forza Jiu Jitsu responsible that a particular facility or service in the premise may be unavailable at any particular time due to a prior booking, mechanical breakdown, fire, act of God, condemnation, loss of lease, catastrophe, terrorist act or any other reason.
- Hours of Operation – Operations schedules may vary and are subject to change from time to time. This information and class schedules are displayed on our website.
- Lost / Stolen Equipment – Management will not accept responsibility for any equipment that is lost or stolen on the premises.
- Conduct within the School- Management reserves the right to refuse entry, cancel a membership or request a Student or casual exercise patron to leave the premises if the Student does not behave in a responsible manner and adhere to the gym’s policies.
Part A: Etiquette
- Please take your shoes off at the door. When you first arrive at the school do not walk through the middle of a class that is in progress.
- Address each instructor and students by their first name. There is no formal title you have to address them by.
- Listen and do your best every time.
- Do not talk back to, swear at or disrespect the instructor in any way or anytime.
- Do not talk back to, swear at or disrespect another student or visitor in any way or anytime.
- Don’t ever make any other student feel unsafe, insecure or unwanted. If you witness this please inform one of the chief instructors immediately.
- No shoes, food, drink or chewing gum on the mat.
- All students must wear a clean uniform to train in, have their fingernails and toenails cut short and be well groomed in all other personal hygiene.
Part B: Safety
- If you want your partner to stop you tap your hand on them. Do not tap on the ground or yell out. When your training partner taps, it means stop. Don’t ever deliberately attempt to hurt your training partner.
- When you are sparring and you get close to the wall then stop and move away to a clear space.
- When you are sparring and you get close to another two students sparring, the student with the highest rank has the right away and the student with the lowest moves away to a free space.
- Do not use any illegal techniques. Illegal techniques include slamming, neck cranks, leg locks (white belts only) and “dirty” fighting such as biting, scratching, strikes to groin, etc. In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you are also not allowed to strike.
- Always pay attention to what is going on around you.
- If you come to class with an injury or an open wound tell the instructor before you start. If you are injured or bleeding during class tell your instructor immediately.
- During sparring, students who are not participating should ensure the safety of the students sparring by walking around and making sure that they do not collide with one another.
- During a class do not leave the mat area, for any reason, without first informing the Instructor.
Martial arts can be an enjoyable and exciting activity. However, like many recreational activities that require physical exertion, martial arts carries with it the risk of physical injury.
The risks associated with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu include the risk of injury due to:
- wrestling holds;
- joint locks;
- neck cranks;
There are other risks to which you may be exposed including risks relating to practising techniques and sparring with a partner.
By participating in the martial arts activities provided by Forza Jiu Jitsu, you agree:
- to comply with all directions given to you by the instructors, employees or agents of the Association;
- that you participate at your own risk;
- the agreement for services provided to you by the club does not include any implied or express warranty that the services of the club will be rendered with due care and skill or that any materials provided by the club in connection with the martial arts activities will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and
- that the club and its instructors, employees and students have no liability to you for personal injury or death arising from the services that the club provides to you.